Want to initiate a conversation with your crush but do not know what you can talk about?
In this guide, you will get a massive list of things to talk about with your crush.
Plus, conversation examples will also be given. So you know how to start and keep the conversation going with your crush.
Top 3 Practical Things To Talk About With Your Crush
If you do not know how to start a conversation, these top 5 topics are your best pick. Conversation examples are given to help you to initiate an exchange smoothly.
1) Talk about the common thing between you two.
For example, you can talk about:
- The same company both of you are working at
- The same college both of you went to
- A mutual friend
- The same event you both attended in the past
- The future events or experiences you both will be going through soon.
Conversation starter examples:
- Hey, do you remember how we first met in college? I fell down in front of the main gate, and it was so embarrassing. Thank god you passed by, and you give me a hand.
- Hey, have you seen Alice lately? We haven’t met up for quite some time. I missed the time when we always hung out at the cafe near our college after math class.
- We used to play board games together at John’s house. It was so much fun. Are you still playing board games lately?
2) Ask for a recommendation
Talking about common things is the best way to go, in my opinion.
However, if you do not have many shared memories yet, you can still initiate a conversation by asking for a recommendation or opinion from her.
When you ask for a recommendation, you should provide a reason simultaneously, so it won’t make you sound too needy.
Conversation starter examples:
- I will be nearby your place this Saturday, and I plan to have my lunch there. Do you know any good restaurants or cafes?
- I want to learn how to sketch, and I know you are good at it. Do you know any useful websites for me to learn the basics? What kind of tools do I need to get started?
- I’m free this Saturday, and I feel like doing something new. What do you usually do over the weekends? Any suitable activities you think I should give it a try?
3) Acquire opinion for a situational question
Besides asking for a recommendation, you can also throw situational questions and ask for their opinion.
First, you can talk about the challenges or dilemmas you or the people around you face lately.
Then, you can ask for their opinion on what they would do if they are in the same situation.
Conversation starter examples:
- If you like someone very much but unsure if he/she is into you yet, would you choose to confess right away, or would you observe for a little while more?
- If you know your friend is cheating on his girlfriend and you know both of them as a friend, would you tell the girl the truth since she is your friend too?
- If your friend has been working on his passion project for years, but it’s not working out, would you motivate him to continue, or would you advise him to stop?
- I feel like picking up a new skill lately, but I’m unsure if I should go for the public speaking skills or guitar. If you were me, which one would you pick?
- If you found that your best friend is backstabbing you, would you confront him, or would you let it slide?
Above are the top 3 practical ways to start a conversation with your crush. After you’ve opened up a conversation for a while, you can then switch course to any other topics you want.
I have also compiled a list of interesting conversation topics for you below. Enjoy it.
21 Interesting Topics To Talk About With Your Crush
You don’t have to worry about running out of things to say anymore if you prepare some excellent topics beforehand.
Here are some useful and interesting topics you can go after to create an engaging conversation with your crush.
- You look like an adventurous person. Do you like to travel?
- Have you been to any exciting places?
- If you can go for a food trip, how will you fill your itinerary?
- I’m craving sushi lately. What about you?
- What kind of cuisine do you like? Japanese, Chinese, Italians, etc?
3) Passion/ Hobby
- What’s your hobby?
- What do you like to do over the weekend?
- What is your best way to waste time?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- Do you have a pet? Or, do you want to have a pet?
5) Sports or outdoor activities
- Are you into any outdoor activities?
- Are there any outdoor activities you would like to give a try given a chance?
6) Movies/ Music
- What is your favorite movie?
- Which movie is on top of your list now?
- Who is your favorite singer and band?
- What type of books do you like to read?
- Do you like to read fiction?
- What is your favorite book?
8) News/ Trend/ Upcoming festivals
- Talk about the news or the latest trend you see offline and online.
- Have you watched Gangnam Oppa style MV? (any popular MV will do)
- Do you know there will be a meteor shower happening end of this month?
- Valentine is coming up. Any plan for it?
9) Place he/she live
- Where is your hometown?
- What is the specialty in your hometown?
- Do you go back to your hometown frequently?
- What is your best memory there?
- Do you like the area you are staying in currently?
- What is your best memory in life?
- When you were a kid, what is your dream occupation?
- Is there any turning point in your life that made you who you are today?
- Any plan for this Saturday?
- Where do you wish to go for a vacation this year?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Are you into any kind of games?
- Do you like to play board games or card games?
- What are your favorite games?
- How long have you been using this phone?
- Is your phone worth its price?
- How often do you change your phone?
- Are you the eldest among your siblings?
- What family culture do you have? Do you like it or hate it?
- Are you close to your family? Do you guys go on vacation often?
- What is the most exciting thing about your job that you like very much?
- What was your previous job?
- What is the funniest thing you have experienced while working?
- Are you a coffee person?
- What kind of coffee do you usually order at a cafe?
- Have you been into coffee for a long time?
- Any good cafe with good coffee nearby here? Wanna grab a drink together?
- What skills would you like to learn?
- What are the things you are naturally good at?
- Do you have any personal skills or talent that I do not know yet?
- How do you usually release stress?
- Do you believe in meditation?
- What stresses you out the most?
- In your opinion, what is happiness?
- What are the simple things that make you happy in life?
- Do you believe money can buy happiness?
- Which celebrity is your idol and why?
- Do you follow celebrity news?
- Which celebrity would you like to meet in person if given a chance?
- In your opinion, what is your greatest strength?
- What kind of person do you wish to become?
- What kind of weakness you wish you can get rid of immediately
15 Random Questions To Ask Your Crush
- What superpower do you wish to have?
- What would you do if you have 10 million in the bank?
- If you can time-travel, would you go back to the past or into the future?
- Which movie would you love to live in it?
- What is the most awkward moment you have ever experienced?
- Is there anything you do not like to eat?
- What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
- What is the most important thing in a relationship?
- What is your worst nightmare?
- What are the things you wish you can know earlier?
- Where is your favorite place for shopping?
- How do you calm yourself down when you are anxious?
- What is the best joke you know?
- What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned in life?
- What is the funniest thing you have been through in life?
17 Flirty Things To Talk About With Your Crush
- In your opinion, what makes a person sexy and attractive?
- What kind of person would you like to date?
- Which part of your body are you most proud of?
- What is the most romantic thing you have ever done?
- Would you consider yourself a romantic person?
- What are you looking for in a guy?
- What would you do if I kissed you suddenly?
- Do you prefer cuddling or kissing?
- What makes you turn on?
- Do you believe in love at first sight, or do you think it is nonsense?
- Are you a good kisser?
- Have you ever kiss in public?
- What is your craziest fantasy?
- Would you secretly check on people’s private parts when you look at them?
- What is your most sensitive part?
- Would you like to hang out at my place?
- What did you think when you first met me?
What Should I Talk About With My Crush On The Phone
Before you call your crush, you should come up with a reason to call her. The reason can be anything, and it is not that important.
Once you tell her why and initiate a conversation, you can then expand it into any other topics you want.
Pro tips: You can use “by the way” to switch the conversation smoothly.
You: Hi, Alice. I’ll be nearby your area this Saturday. Do you have any good restaurants or cafes to recommend to me?
Alice: Sure, there’s one call Mama’s Kitchen that serves Chinese food. I think it is pretty good.
You: Great. You go there very often?
Alice: Once in a while. My cousin likes it very much, so we had dinner there occasionally.
You: Cool. By the way, we haven’t met for quite a long time. I kinda miss you a lot, you know? Hahaa
Alice: You better be. Hahaha.
You: I will be finishing my task on hand at around 2pm tomorrow. I know it’s kinda late for lunch, but do you want to join me for a late lunch?
You can recommend some of the excellent food there, and in return, I will tell you 3 jokes. How about that?
Alice: Hahaha. Alright. Give me a call when you are done with your work tomorrow. Then, we shall meet there directly.
You: Great. See ya. Bye.
Things To Talk About Over Text
When texting your crush, you should go for something exciting and engaging. You can play a game over text or even throw a joke at her.
Remember not to be overly formal, or you will create unnecessary distance.
- Are you ready for a personality test?
- I have an IQ test for you. Are you up to the challenge?
- In case you are wondering, I’m free this Saturday.
- Hey, are you a dog person or a cat person? (Hint* this is a personality test)
- (Send her food picture) I love this.
- (Send her a picture of a dog) My hooman thinks you are cute.
- Hey, are you into movies. Any good recommendations for me?
How Do You Keep A Conversation Going With Your Crush
Once you have opened up a topic, you should observe if your crush is into it as well.
If not, you should change the topic and talk about something else which is interesting. If yes, then you can further expand the conversation around that topic.
There are 2 ways to keep the conversation going indefinitely.
First way: Go deeper into the Topic
For example, you open up a conversation about outdoor activities, and she said she likes running. Then, you can expand more in-depth into the running topic.
- How to stay hydrated?
- How to breathe while running?
- Where she usually runs?
- Any recommendations for running shoes?
- How long has she been running?
- She runs alone or with friends?
As you can see, you can quickly go more in-depth on the running topic.
Second way: Cross topic within similar categories
You can jump to the other topic, which belongs to the same higher-level categories.
For example, running is a sport. So, you can jump to any other sports topic you want.
- Besides running, are you into any other sports as well?
- Any chance you are into hiking too?
- So, I see you are an outdoor person. Are you into other outdoor activities too?
- What’s your other hobby besides running?
This way, you can talk about a higher-level topic and then switch it to something you are more familiar with. Then, you can share some interesting stories on your side.
At the end of the conversation, don’t forget to suggest doing it together sometimes.
The Bottom Line Of Having A Conversation With Your Crush
Chat with your crush casually like how you would with your other friends. Don’t overthink, and don’t be afraid of how she/he might judge you, for that will make you too cautious and overly formal.
Joke around with her, tease and flirt with her sometimes will make the conversation becomes more fun and engaging.