You have just met someone, and you do not know how to initiate a conversation? No worries. I got you covered.
Here is the power list of the top 77 questions to ask someone you just met.
It will help you to build a connection with an acquaintance, coworker, and new people in any social events.
Casual questions to ask someone you just met
1) Are you into any sports?
2) What is your hobby? How do you spend your weekend usually?
3) Would you consider yourself a spontaneous person or more of a planner?
4) If you were to describe yourself with 3 adjectives, what words would you choose?
5) You looked like a spontaneous person. Do you like to travel?
6) What movie genre do you like? Do you like horror movies?
7) Where do you stay? Any good restaurant or cafe nearby?
8) Any vacation plan? Going anywhere?
9) Do you have any pets? Are you a dog person or a cat person?
10) Where is your hometown? I might visit it next time. What’s special there?
Deep questions to get to know someone better
1) How do you release stress after a long day of work?
2) Do you believe in money can buy happiness?
3) Do you have any passion project?
4) Would you instead gain experience or acquire material items?
5) What are the most important lessons you have learned in life?
6) What are you most proud of yourself?
7) What advice would you give to someone new in your field?
8) What is your secret to success?
9) How do you motivate yourself when set-backs happen?
10) What is the best mistake that has ever happened in your life?
Conversation Starter About Relationship
1) Do you think it is good for the couple to split the bill even when dating?
2) What is the most important quality you want to see in your life partner?
3) What are the most essential values in a relationship?
4) How long would it take for you to start dating someone once you know him/her?
5) Do you believe in love at first sight?
6) What will you usually do when there’s a conflict in a relationship?
7) What would be the sweetest thing your life partner can do for you?
8) What makes you feel appreciated in a relationship?
9) Are you tend to be more towards a giver or taker in a relationship?
10) Would you rather be with someone who loves you more than you do for her or the opposite?
Fun Questions To Ask Someone You Just Met In Social Events
1) If you could have one superpower, what would you pick?
2) If you can time travel, will you go to the future or into the past?
3) If you are granted 3 wishes, what would be your wishes?
4) If you can teleport to anywhere you want, where would you go?
5) Would you instead explore the vast ocean or the unknown outer space?
6) If you can only eat one thing every day for a week, what would you choose?
7) If you can live in a movie, which movie will you choose?
8) If you can change 1 thing in your past, what would you change?
9) What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
10) Which age is your best memory of life? Why?
Interesting Topics To Talk About
1) What would you do if your parents didn’t like your partner?
2) If your friend is super negative, what would you do?
3) If you know your friend is cheating on his girlfriend and you happened to know both of them, what would you do?
4) Will you pick a job that can bring you happiness but not much income, or would you go for the opposite?
5) Would you rather pay a higher rent to stay near your workplace, or would you rather stay further away for a lower rental?
6) If the truth is hurting, will you still choose to tell the truth?
7) If you can choose your own gender in your next life, will you rather be a guy or girl?
8) If you no longer love someone, but she still loves you so much, will you stay or end the relationship?
9) If someone is suffering due to illness and asks for your help to end his life, will you do it?
10) If you fall in love with someone already in a relationship but not married yet, will you still pursue her?
Flirty Questions To Start A Conversation
1) Have you been working out? Your body shape is fantastic.
2) Would you consider yourself a good kisser?
3) Are you the kind of girl who is obedient outside but wild inside?
4) What is the first thing you notice when you look at a girl/guy? Would you secretly look at the private parts?
5) In your opinion, which part of you the most attractive?
6) What is your craziest fantasy?
7) Would you make the first move in a relationship?
8) How long would it take for you to go from knowing someone to hold hands, kissing, and some love actions on the bed?
9) Would you rather date a super handsome guy but bad on the bed, or would you rather date a decent-looking guy but super good on the bed?
10) What is your favorite type of foreplay?
Random Things To Ask Someone You Just Met
1) What is your favorite day of the week and why?
2) Do you like outdoor activities like hiking, camping, running, etc.?
3) Are you into reading? What is your favorite book?
4) What is your favorite way to waste time?
5) Can you describe yourself with 5 words?
6) What kind of person you like to befriend?
7) What are the activities you would like to try if you have the chance?
8) What kind of person you wish to become?
9) What is your no.1 strength and no.1 weakness?
10) What do you like to do when you are free?
11) Do you like to travel or would you rather stay at home during holidays?
12) What is your favorite quote?
13) What kind of life you wish to live 10 years from now?
14) What is the most exciting place you’ve ever been to?
15) What are the things you can’t live without?
16) How many best friends do you have, and how did you know them?
17) What are the upcoming movies you want to watch? Or, are there any old movies on your watch list?
How To Talk To Someone You Just Met
1) Simple Introduction
You can always walk straight to the person or group of people you want to get to know and introduce yourself.
Just say, “Hi guys, I’m John. Sorry to interrupt. Saw you guys here, so I just wanna come over and introduce myself.”
2) Tell a little bit about yourself
Let them know you are new here or where you were doing around that place.
For example, “I was waiting for my friend over there, and he is late again. So, I thought, why not make some new friends around.” “I just moved here recently, so thought of getting to know some new friends here.”
3) Ask if they mind if you join them
You can say that you are alone and ask if they mind making friends with you.
For example, “I hope this is not too awkward, but I’m alone. Do you mind if I join you for a while?”
4) Open up a conversation
This part is easy because I have given you a massive list of conversation starters above. Go through the questions to ask someone you just met, and start with the one which resonates the most with you.
For example, what do you like to do over the weekend? Are you into sports, or do you like outdoor activities? Do you come here frequently?
5) Expand the conversation
You should share a little bit about yourself and try to find some everyday things between you and your new friend. The easiest way to do this is to talk about your past, present, and future. Sharing memories helps to forge connections fast.
The Bottom Line On How To Talk To Someone You Have Just Met
Knowing someone new and befriend them should be casual and natural.
You do not have to be overly nervous because the person you are talking to is just another human being like you. They do not bite, and saying something wrong will not cost your life.
So, just be relaxed, the listener will most probably respond in the same way, and the conversation will become fun.