Welcome to my guide on how to start a conversation with your crush.
I have listed 100 interesting questions to talk to your crush below. You can adjust them according to your personality and start talking to her.
At the end of the section, I have also shared how you can ask your crush out.
I hope it helps.
How To Start A Conversation With Your Crush
Here is a fantastic list of conversation starters and things you can talk about with your crush. Use them to generate great conversation and make your crush enjoyed talking to you.
100 Conversation starters:
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- What kind of music are you into?
- What is your favorite movie genre?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite quote?
- Are you into any sports?
- Where do you wish to travel to?
- What do you like to do over the weekend?
- Where are you from? What is the specialty there?
- What are you most proud of yourself?
- What is your biggest goal this year?
- Do you have any secret talent which I do not know yet?
- Do you dare to watch a horror movie?
- In your opinion, what makes a person attractive?
- What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
- What do you wish you know earlier in life?
- What advice would you give your 12-year-old self?
- If you can change 1 thing about yourself, what would you change?
- What do you think is your strength?
- What kind of habit would you like to develop?
- What makes you happy in life?
- What is the most memorable childhood moment which you can’t forget?
- What do you like about yourself the most?
- What would you like to change about yourself?
- What do you spend most of your time doing?
- What is the most common compliment you get all the time?
- How do you release stress and keep your energy positive when you are down?
- Do you have a pet?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- Who is your all-time favorite singer?
- What do you think is the most essential thing in a relationship?
- What are your love languages?
- What is your zodiac sign? Do you know the unique characteristics of your zodiac sign?
- What is the best book you have ever read?
- Will you ever get a tattoo? If yes, what kind of tattoo would it be?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done in college time?
- Do you like traveling? Where do you wish to go next?
- What is your passion? What makes you love it so much?
- Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
- Do you prefer to travel alone, with friends, or with family?
- How many siblings do you have? Who is the closest to you?
- What skills would you like to pickup?
- What language do you wish to learn?
- How do you define happiness?
- What is the most romantic thing you’ve ever done?
- What did you think of me the first time we met?
- Do you believe in the idea of soul mates?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- What is your life philosophy?
- If you could live in any city you want, where would you pick?
- If you have 1 full year of holidays, what would you do about it?
- What do you love the most about your job?
- Are you still in touch with any of your school friends?
- Do you remember your dream after you wake up? Do you have a recurring dream?
- Have you heard of color personality? What is your favorite color?
- If we can go for an adventure right away now, where would you want to go?
- What do you talk about with your friends most of the time?
- Do you find that the older we get, the fewer friends we have?
- Do you prefer to live alone or with family?
- What is your nickname at home?
- Which part of your past do you not mind reliving again?
- What makes you feel appreciated or loved?
- Do you work out frequently?
- What do you look for in a guy/girl?
- What would your ideal date be?
- Have you learned anything interesting lately?
- Do you think guys should always be the ones to make the first move, or should girls too?
- Do you prefer people to see you as someone smart or pretty?
- If you can only describe yourself in 3 words, what would it be?
- What is your favorite body part on a guy/girl?
- Do you think tattoos are sexy or not?
- Do you feel nervous quickly?
- What kind of bedroom design do you like?
- If you can own one superpower, what would you choose?
- If you can choose, will you choose to be a girl again? Why?
- What kind of cuisine do you like? Japanese, Korean, French, or others?
- Who would you give up your life for?
- What is on your bucket list?
- What are the things which you have always wanted to do but haven’t do it yet?
- Do you enjoy cooking?
- What do you think of me?
- What is something that you are trying to improve about yourself?
- What are the things that keep you awake at night?
- Do you think that friendship can ever turn into love?
- Do you have any bad habits which you would like to change?
- When you were in high school, were you popular or not?
- Would you consider yourself an easy-going person or a serious person?
- What kind of art do you like?
- Do you have any plans for the weekend?
- What is the best thing that has ever happened in your life so far?
- What is the biggest lesson you have learned in life?
- Have you been to any concert before or do you plan to go for one in the future?
- When is the last time you went to the cinema?
- What is your favorite TV show or drama?
- What was the last movie that made you cry?
- Are you a fan of spicy food?
- What was the last book you read?
- Do you have any hobbies?
- Are you a beer or a red wine person?
- What do you think is the most critical thing in life?
Extra Tips On Talking To Your Crush
1) Avoid Unbalance Positioning
It is easy to feel that your crush is better than you in everything, and that’s why you are attracted to her/him. If you have this mindset, you might feel inferior when you are talking to her and feel that you have to contribute more to the relationship to win her over.
The moment you think it this way, you are actually throwing your positioning away, where she becomes the prize, and you are not. It makes the authority and power in the relationship unbalanced, and that is not healthy for the relationship in the future even if she agrees to become your girlfriend.
The right way to think about the relationship is that both of you are always at the same level as two ordinary human beings. You do not need to “win” her over. You only need to demonstrate who you really are and see if she is attracted to you as well.
This gives you more power and confidence, and this makes you more attractive overall too.
2) The First Best Topic To Talk About
If you just get to know your crush or do not know much about her, one of the best topics you can go after would be passion.
You can ask her what is her passion and what does she like to do over the weekend? Since it is her passion, she will be excited to share it with you and contribute more to the conversation.
It allows you to learn more about her and see if there’s an overlapping of interest between you two. If there’s a common interest, then you can then use it as a reason to invite her out sometimes.
Alternatively, you can lead her to talk about things you are interested in and see if she share the same interest as well. It is also good to demonstrate your value that way.
3) Avoid Creating Unnecessary Distance
No need to be over-polite and do not send messages that are too formal to her. That will only create unnecessary distance.
You should treat your crush as your friend. You can tease her, make fun of her and laugh at each other sometimes.
Your aura is infectious. How you feel and treat others would likely invite the same thing in return. So, if you stay being easy-going and are super fun to be with, she will most likely react in the same way.
How To Ask Your Crush Out
When you ask her/him out, I’m sure you do not want to look too needy. The best way to do it is to ask her/him to join you for something exciting.
In other words, you are not asking to go out with her, but you are giving her a chance to go out with you. It seems the same, but it is not.
Giving her a chance to go out with you actually portrays more personal confidence. You become the source of excitement in the relationship.
In other words, you are subtly making yourself the prize in the relationship. It will make her feel that it is fun to be with you.
Here’s what you can say:
- Do you have anything exciting going on this Saturday?
- I want to explore a new cafe in town (you can use anything that sounds interesting to you, e.g., VR studio, ice skating, etc.). It’s gonna be fun. Do you want to join me?
Alternatively, you can just send her a text message and ask her out in a super casual tone.
For example. “Hey, I wanna grab a drink and chill at the park later this evening. Wanna join me?
After asking so many different people out, I realized that the more casual you are, the more likely the other person will agree to see you. So, if you really can’t think of any reason to ask him/her out, you can just simply drop a message and ask, “Hey, wanna have brunch together tomorrow?”
The random excitement that you are bringing into her/his life will prompt him to say yes most of the time.
If she/he is not free to join you, you should invite someone else to go out with you to the place you have asked her. This way, you still can have all the fun without her/him.
Then, you can even send her/him the picture of places and food you have tried, which will make her/him the envy of you. It demonstrates that your life is exciting and that makes you more attractive. This will increase the chance for her/him to say yes next time when you invite her/him out again.
The Bottom Line Of Talking To Your Crush
You can’t force someone to like you, and it does you no good if you pretend to be someone else just to make her to like you.
So, just be yourself when you talk to your crush, and then explore if she can resonate with you.
That way, you will attract people who are genuinely compatible with you in life. The relationship will be much more stable once it’s formed.