Welcome to my guide on how to start a conversation on Tinder.
In this guide, you will discover some of the best conversation starters for Tinder. Conversation examples are given to help you master them faster.
I also share how to expand the conversation on Tinder and how you can ask her out too.
Alright. Let’s dive right into the content on how to start a conversation on Tinder.
How To Start A Conversation On Tinder
There are many ways you can start a conversation on Tinder. Check out all my 5 methods below.
Method #1: Use Tinder Conversation Starters
Here is a massive list of opening lines that you can use to start a conversation on Tinder with the girl you like.
Some of them are original, while the others are good opening lines which I have collected over time. Pick the one which resonates with you and see if she clicks with it as well.
These conversation starters are great for the first-time conversation on Tinder. You can use it to reignite another conversation too, even if the first one has ended for quite some time.
My Favourite Conversation Starters:
- ———————- < my best opening line
- You seem interesting. So, tell me, when was the last time you did something spontaneous or adventurous?
- What are your Saturday priorities? Yoga, Netflix, or…
- If you can fly to anywhere you want, where would you go?
- What is the same compliment you get from your friend all the time?
- What is your favorite way to waste time? Just kidding. What is your passion?
More Tinder Conversation Starters:
- Do you like Husky? How about a date?
- Tell me about some of the things listed on your bucket list.
- What do you miss the most from your past?
- What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
- What is the weirdest thing you find attractive in someone?
- If you were with me right now, what would we be doing?
- What is your favorite travel experience?
- Looks like you really love to travel. Where do you plan to go next?
- I like the photo of you ice-skating! What else do you do for fun?
- Just finished Atomic Habits. What was the last book you read?
- Which do you prefer? Books or movies?
- What is your favorite way to waste time on Sat?
- What is your unique talent? Everyone has one.
- What compliment do you often get from your friend most of the time?
- What are the small things in life that make you happy?
- What are you most passionate about?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- What is the best thing that has happened to you this week?
- If you can live anywhere in the world, where would you pick?
- Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend?
- Tell me something that most people do not know about you?
- I’m free Thursday at 7pm. Work for you?
- What’s your astrological sign?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Do you play video games?
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you enjoy any sports or exercising?
- What is the best word to describe you?
- How do you know you are in love?
- Have you ever been to a concert? When was it?
- What qualities do you think are essential for a boyfriend?
- What do people find surprising about you?
- What are the places you want to visit someday?
- What do you love to do with your friends?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Do you believe in soulmates?
Method #2 Send Personalized Message
If you can gear the conversation towards something she is interested and, she will be more excited to tell you about it. This is why personalized messages tend to get a higher reply rate.
In the following section, you will learn the 3 main steps to write a good personalized message to get a higher reply rate.
Step1: Check Out Her Profile
Look through her profile, bio, and all the pictures she has to find something that resonates with you.
For example, if you are into music, and you see she is playing guitar, then the guitar is an excellent topic to go with.
Another example is that if you are into video games and picture playing games, then obviously, video games are the topic you want to go for.
Find a common interest or topic if you can because that’s the easiest way to start a conversation with someone new.
If you cannot find a common interest, but you still want to talk to her, then you can create a conversation based on:
- Where she is at in the picture
- What is she doing in the picture?
- What is she holding in the picture?
- Special item/thing appears in the picture (dog, cat, trash, squirrel, book, etc.)
Step 2: Comment And Ask A Question
You can give a short comment of what you found interesting about her bio or picture, then ask her a question related to it.
- Wow, that guitar looks new and cool. What was the last song you play lately?
- You are so cute! I mean your dog. Is he friendly? Does he bite?
- I saw your book collection right there. Reading anything interesting lately?
- Beautiful. I mean the sunset scene. Where was it located?
Step 3: Expand the conversation
If you have followed the 2 steps above and asked her a question, then there should be only 3 outcomes.
Outcome 1: She answers you and asks you a question
This is the easiest part, just answer her questions and end it with another question to expand the conversation further.
Outcome 2: She answers you but didn’t ask you any question
This is okay too. Just relate to her answer (what do you think about her opinion/answer/feeling). You can share some information about yourself related to the same topic.
After sharing your opinions on the topic, remember to ask another question to expand the conversation further.
You: I saw your book collection right there. Reading anything interesting lately?
Girl: I’m reading a thriller book by Lucy Foley. It’s kinda good.
You: I used to read thrillers too, from Dan Brown. They are amazing. Once I started, I just can’t put the book down. So, is reading your only passion?
Outcome 3: She does not reply at all
You can wait for few days and send her another message, or you can just let her go.
Bonus tips on how to talk to a girl on Tinder:
Always try to expand the conversation based on the same topic. You should only jump to another topic if you can feel that she is not interested in the existing topic or the new topic is obviously a better one.
Method #3: Compliment
Please read this carefully. When you compliment a girl on Tinder, you have to follow 2 rules.
Rule no.1: You do not want to over compliment her.
I have mentioned this a hundred times in my other post. If you overcompliment a girl, you are basically throwing your positioning away.
She becomes the prize, and you have to work so much harder to deserve her attention in the later stage. So, avoid this at all costs.
Rule no.2: Don’t compliment based on appearance.
I know she has nice boob and ass, and she has a pretty face too, but complimenting directly on her body part will hardly get you anywhere.
If she is pretty, she would have received 100s of other messages telling her the same thing before you do. You will just become another boring guy to her unless you are super handsome.
You can compliment her on many other things like her dress, hairstyle, body posture, smile, but just not her ass. Got it?
- The dress suits you really well. Are you attending a ball?
- I like your healthy skin tone. Are you into any sports?
- I like your body posture. Any chance you are a dancer or a yoga practitioner?
- I like your sweet smile. What are the little things in life that make you so happy?
- I can see you are quite an athlete. What motivates you to keep running?
Method #4: Ask for an opinion
Check out what she is interested in and then ask for her opinion or recommendation.
Then, after you try out her recommendation, you can initiate another conversation with her again.
In addition to that, you can suggest her to teach you or to do the activities together too.
You: I noticed you know how to ice-skating. How many times does a person need to fall to be able to skate like that?
Girl: A lot! hahaha.
You: I would love to learn ice skating one day if I have the chance. Any good beginner tips for me?
Girl: I think you need to learn how to fall safely and the correct way to stand up first.
You: Hmm… maybe you can teach me one day, so I won’t kiss the floor and lose my front teeth.
Girl: Hahaha. If we have the chance, I can give you some tips.
You can ask for an opinion or recommendation on many other things as long as she is passionate about it—for example, books, movies, music, and other skills, etc.
Method #5 Casual Opening
This approach is for you if you are an easy-going person and want to have a casual and spontaneous conversation.
You can start by asking how’s her day and then direct the topic to something positive and exciting. Or, you can begin by talking about a common interest.
- Hey, how’s your day? Anything exciting going on today?
- Hi, how’s life? Doing anything fun this week?
- Hey, I saw that we both like traveling. When was the last time you travel?
The key is to talk to her like you already know her. It is best to create or direct the conversation towards topics you are familiar with and see if she resonates with you.
How To Ask A Girl On Tinder Out
If the conversation goes well and you would like to meet her in person, you can take the initiative to ask her out.
Script to ask her out:
- Maybe we should grab a drink sometime? Seem like an easier way to get to know each other.
- You seem like a fun person. Maybe we can have a brunch together sometime. It’s going to be fun.
When you ask a girl out for the first time, try to arrange something light instead of a grand romantic dinner. Just grab a drink or have a brunch together is ideal.
After the first interaction, you will know if both of you are a good match. If yes, then you can arrange an actual date next time and enjoy each other companionship again.
The Bottom Line On How To Start A Conversation On Tinder
The goal of using Tinder is to find someone compatible with you and have fun together. So, just be yourself and speak your mind.
If the girl is open to having a conversation and can resonate with you, she will reply to your message. Otherwise, you should just let her go and find someone who can click better with you.
Enjoy the process of making new friends around.