Welcome to my guide on how to start a conversation on Bumble.
In this guide, you will get a great list of conversation starters you can use on Bumble. I have also shared how you can expand the conversation effortlessly.
You will learn how to ask her out too. Let’s dive right into the content.
How To Start A Conversation On Bumble
Many people do not know how to initiate a conversation, so they usually go after the topic they heard the most, like the weather, how heavy the traffic was in the morning, etc.
When you do not know what to say, these boring topics will become your default conversation starters. They are easy to start a conversation on Bumble, but they are also boring as hell. It does not help much in terms of attraction.
Thus, if you want to have an enjoyable conversation on Bumble and everyday life, you need to build a list of interesting conversation topics.
These conversation topics should resonate with you, and you feel enthusiastic to talk about them. This way, you will always enjoy the conversation and has no problem expanding the conversation.
Of course, not everyone will resonate with the same topics which we are interested in. Those who resonate will stay with us eventually. And, for those who don’t click with us, it’s better to just let them go.
Anyway, since you know nothing about her yet, it’s still better to lead the conversation into something interesting than some random boring topics that lead to nowhere.
I have listed down some interesting topics and their respective conversation starters for you to use below. You can adapt it to suits your own personality and have a great conversation on Bumble.
Conversation Starters For Bumble
Conversation Starter#1: Traveling
- I saw you have traveled to quite a few places before. What is your favorite place?
- If you have a VIP ticket to fly to anywhere you want, where would you go?
- What is the funniest traveling experience you ever had?
- When was the last time you experienced culture shock while traveling?
- What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
- Which place wouldn’t you mind revisiting again? Why?
- Which country is on top of your bucket list? Why?
- Which country will you never want to visit? Why?
- Do you prefer to travel alone or in a group?
- What is the most memorable traveling experience you have?
- Do you prefer a more spontaneous trip or a well-planned one?
- Are you the one who plans the trip, or are you a good follower?
- Which part of the world would you love to see?
- What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen while traveling?
Traveling conversation starters are super interesting to talk about because it is all about good memories and adventures. It is packed with all the surprise, fun, and exciting elements, making it one of the best topics.
If you do not know what to talk about on Bumble, just check out where she had traveled before and start talking about traveling, and you will have a wonderful conversation.
Conversation Starter#2: Sports/ Outdoor activities
- I like your healthy skin tone. What outdoor activities are you into?
- You have excellent body posture. Are you into yoga?
- What indoor and outdoor activities do you like?
- What get you started in the first place?
- What is your favorite part of that sports?
- How often do you play?
- Where do you play [sports]?
- Have you participated in any sports competition before?
- What is the most challenging part of [sports]?
- What motivates you to keep moving forward despite the challenge?
- Are there any outdoor activities you would like to try if given a chance?
Sports and outdoor activities are great conversation topics. It clicks instantly with those who are into it. Check her profile and see what kind of sports she is into, and you can start asking questions about it.
Conversation Starter#3: Reading/ Books
- Saw your books right there. Reading anything interesting?
- Any chance you are into reading too?
- What kind of books do you like to read?
- What is your favorite book?
- Which author are you following?
- Any good books to recommend to me?
- What is your favorite quote? Why?
- Is there any book that impacts you a lot?
- What book do you not mind to re-read again? Why?
- What is the most meaningful book you have ever read?
- Are you more towards fiction or non-fiction books?
- If we were to read a book together, what book would you pick?
- Do you collect books? What kind of books do you own?
Reading is a passion too, just like sports. If she said she is into reading, you could ask her to recommend some books to you. Or, if both of you happen to like the same genre, maybe you all can have a book exchange session.
Check her profile to see if she has any favorite author or what kind of books she likes before initiating this topic on Bumble. If you realized she is not keen on reading, you should not force it because some people just do not read.
Conversation Starters#4: Pets
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- Do you know that cat person and dog person has a different personality?
- Does the cat/dog personality match you?
- Do you have any pets before? What’s his name?
- If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you choose?
- What would you name your next pet? Why?
- What is the silliest thing your pet has ever done?
- Do you spend a lot of time with your pet?
- How did you get your first pet?
- What is the sweetest memory you have with your pet?
- What is the cutest thing your pet did?
- Would you get another pet in the future?
- You are cute. And, your hooman is pretty ok too.
If you see the girl has any picture with a dog or cat, you can initiate a conversation regarding pets.
Many people treat their pets like their family members, and they love to talk about them. So, this is an exciting topic to talk about with her on Bumble. She will be more than happy to share with you all the funny stories about her pet.
Conversation Starter#5: Movies/Music
- Are you into movies and popcorn?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Who is your favorite singer?
- Wanna add some new songs to my playlist. Any good recommendations?
- Have you watched the (latest movie)? What do you think about it?
- What kind of movies do you like?
- What music genre do you follow?
- When was the last time you went to the cinema?
With access to the internet, movies and music have become a significant part of our life.
Talk about the latest movies or the music hit is an easy way to initiate a conversation. If she hasn’t caught the latest movie yet, you can invite her to watch it together.
How To Ask A Girl On Bumble Out
If the conversation went well on Bumble, you could suggest grabbing a drink together sometimes.
If she is ok, then only you set the date and time. Otherwise, just be cool and maybe ask her again next time.
To ask her out, you can just ask her directly, “I heard there’s a good cafe in town. Wanna explore it together? It’s gonna be fun!”
Or, you could also say, “I will be nearby your area this Sat after 6 pm. Wanna grab a drink and chill for a while?”
When you ask her out, always ask it in the tone that you are inviting her to join you for fun. Please do not beg her to come out with you. Don’t throw your positioning away.
The Bottom Line On How To Start A Conversation On Bumble
Always take some time to check out her profile before you start messaging her on Bumble. Then, try to start the conversation around topics which is related to her.
This way, she will be more likely to reply to you and stay engaged in the conversation because she is interested in the topic you chose.
If the girl does not reply, you should never send a follow-up message to ask her why, as that will make you look desperate. In that case, you should just move on and talk to another girl who can resonate better with you.