Welcome to my first-date conversation starters list.
I have compiled the best first-date questions below, so you won’t be running out of things to say during your very first date.
My best tip for you is to try to use only those questions which resonate with you. If you are interested in that topic, you will be able to expand the conversation effortlessly later.
99 Best First Date Conversation Starters
Here is a huge list of questions you can ask during your first date. As I’ve said, it is best to go with the first-date conversation starters which whom you resonate with.
- Are you a spontaneous person or a planner?
- What do you like to do over the weekend?
- What was the last book you read that you find interesting?
- What is your favorite movie genre?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- Do you consider yourself an extrovert or an introvert?
- Do you enjoy traveling? Where have you been traveling so far?
- If you have a free first-class ticket to go anywhere you want, where would you go?
- What is your favorite music genre?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What hobbies would you like to have if you had the time and money?
- What are the top 3 things you want to try at least once in life?
- What is the funniest thing you did when you are a kid?
- If you can live in any city you want, where would you choose?
- Which country is on your travel list?
- If you can give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be?
- Do you like to travel alone or with a group of people?
- What is the most significant thing that has ever happened in your life?
- What are you most grateful for?
- They say music tells a lot about a person. What is your favorite song now?
- Do you like pets? Do you have any pets?
- If I were to invite you to watch an old movie, what would you pick?
- On average, how long does it take before you accept someone as your life partner?
- In your opinion, what is the most attractive quality a person can have?
- If you can change one thing in your past, what will you change?
- What kind of skills or abilities would you like to have?
- If you can only choose one, would you go for a food trip or to the beach?
- What would you do with the extra time if you can stay awake all night?
- What are some of the most meaningful things in your life?
- What’s the most ridiculous thing you have done because you were bored?
- Time flies, and we all get older pretty fast. What makes you feel nostalgic these days?
- If you can time-travel, would you choose to go back to the past or into the future?
- What habit would you like to pick up?
- What is the most random thing you have done?
- If you won the lottery and get 1 million dollars, what would you buy?
- If you can only describe yourself with 5 adjectives, how will you describe yourself?
- What are your strengths that people around you do not have?
- What is your favorite way to relax after a long day of work?
- What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you?
- What kind of person would you like to date?
- What was the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned in life?
- What’s the best and worst thing about getting older?
- What personality trait do you value most?
- What would you do if you only have 24 hours to live?
- If you can live in any country you want, where would you stay/
- What do you regret not doing enough?
- In your opinion, what is happiness, and how it be happy?
- What are you craving lately?
- Where would you go for a date? A bar, restaurant, beach, or themed park?
- In your opinion, what is love, and how do you love a person?
- What’s the funniest joke you know?
- What are your favorite sports?
- What outdoor activity would you like to give a try?
- Money can’t buy happiness. Do you agree or disagree?
- Are you the kind of person who pays attention to details?
- If you can only bring one item with you and go back to the stone age, what would you bring?
- If you can have any pet you want, what would you pick?
- Anime, movies, music, are you into any of these?
- What is your favorite movie series? Harry Potter? Back to the future?
- What’s on top of your shopping list?
- What’s your secret talent?
- How do you cheer yourself up when you are sad?
- Are you open to chatting about the sexual topic, or are you tend to avoid it because you think it’s impolite?
- What is your favorite section in a bookstore?
- What is the most awkward moment you have encountered?
- What topic could you spend hours talking about?
- Are you into horror movies?
- What values in a person are the most important to you?
- Which part of you do you think is the most attractive?
- Who is your favorite band?
- What are you craving lately?
- Are you into self-improvement books?
- Are you more productive in the morning or at night?
- What makes you excited? Food, movies, outdoor activities, or others?
- What is the scariest dream you have?
- I’m into reading lately. Can you recommend a book to me?
- Have you ever wanted to get a tattoo?
- Where are the top 3 places you want to visit before you die?
- What are the things you have nostalgia for?
- What is your favorite way to waste time?
- Would you rather spend time alone or with other people?
- What’s the biggest adventure you have ever experienced?
- What kind of TV show do you like to watch?
- What’s the best day you’ve had recently?
- Are you into board games or card games?
- What is the most unique restaurant you have tried before?
- What is your favorite kind of person to hang out with?
- Do you like going to concerts? Have you gone to any concerts before?
- What is your new year’s resolution?
- Who has been the most influential person in your life?
- What is your all-time favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- What talent do you wish you had?
- What is your morning routine?
- Have you done Myers-Briggs personality test before? What is your type?
- What’s something I’d be surprised to know about you?
- Would you rather live without Wifi or delicious food?
- What kind of strengths do you wish to have?
My favorite conversation starters – Zodiac Sign
If you have followed my blog for quite a while, you will know that I like to talk about personality.
You can start from the Zodiac sign and then slowly transition into the zodiac sign’s strengths and weaknesses.
Everyone is interested in exploring more about themselves, so talking about personality can make the conversation more engaging.
Zodiac Sign Conversation Examples:
You: Let me guess. You must be a Sagittarius.
Girl: No, I’m a Libra.
You: That’s weird. You do have Sagittarius characteristics. Anyway, every zodiac sign has its strengths. Do you know yours?
Girl: I don’t. What are Libra’s strengths?
(If you know about the zodiac sign, then you can tell her right away. If not, just take out your phone and google it.)
You: Libras are open-minded, harmonious, and tend to be socially developed. This is why they have a lot of friends. Do you agree about it?
Girl: Kinda. I make friends wherever I go quickly.
You: Yeah, from the way you speak, I can tell you are an easy-going person who can get along pretty well with others. Well, Libra has a lot of strengths. But, they do have their weaknesses too.
Girl: What are my weaknesses?
You: Libras are too kind to others, and they do not know how to say no. So, they sometimes forget to make time for their priorities. Is this you?
Girl: Yes, exactly! I just feel bad to reject others since they ask for my help sincerely. This has always been my biggest dilemma.
You: Well, it’s not a big issue. I have a good suggestion for you. Wanna hear about it?
Girl: Yeah, sure, tell me more about it.
(You can continue the conversation easily… and if you are running out of things to say, ask her to guess your zodiac sign and repeat the strengths and weakness thing on your side.)
Bottom Line On First Date Conversation Starters
Instead of thinking hard about starting and expanding the conversation, you should just be relaxed and go with the flow. Be yourself, and no need to fake the conversation.
Enjoy the casual chat and talk about anything you want, like how you would usually talk to your other girlfriends. If she clicks with you, she will stay, and if she is not, it’s better to let her go early.