Welcome to my guide on conversation topics on a date.
In this guide, you will learn what you can say during your first date, and you will get 47 conversation starters in the later section.
This will help you to create an enjoyable conversation and atmosphere with the girl you like.
Without further ado, let’s dive into the content.
5 Best Conversation Topics On A Date
Since it is your first date, you want to choose a topic that can help you learn more about each other. Here are some good conversation topics that work well on every date.
Topic #1: Things You Both Are Going To Do On The Date
If she is willing to come out on a date with you, it usually means that she is into the activity too.
For example, if you both are on a movie date and you guys will be watching the Avengers, then she is probably into Avengers or Marvel movies. Knowing that you can start a conversation topic around these Marvel movies quickly.
You can ask:
- Have you watched the previous Avengers movies?
- Who is your favorite character?
- Besides superheroes, what are the other movie genre do you like?
From there, you can start and expand the conversation quickly.
If it is a dinner date, you can start a conversation about food.
Ask her what type of cuisine she likes and does not like are. If you both like something similar, such as Japanese food, you can expand the conversation about it.
You can ask:
- Do you know any good Japanese restaurant?
- Are you into ramen too?
- I know an authentic Japanese restaurant in my place, do you want to join me next time?
As you can see, it is not that hard to open a conversation based on the things you both will do on the date.
Topic #2 Interesting Life Stories
Sharing exciting life stories is very important because it allows you to become a more attractive person.
The girl will enjoy talking to you because it’s entertaining. And, if you want to date her out again, she will probably say yes.
I would suggest you prepare at least 3 exciting stories to be shared with her during the date.
Share with her:
- What are the funny or interesting things that happen around you lately?
- What are the things that remind you of your childhood lately?
- What are the things that change your mind, perception, or your inner world lately?
The keyword here is interesting.
Some people think that they do not have any exciting stories to tell.
However, that is not true. All of us have something interesting that is happening in our lives. It’s just that we are not confident in sharing it, thinking it might not be interesting enough for the other person.
If you are thinking the same, you need to stop worrying about how the other person will judge you after listening to you. As long as you think it is interesting to you, it is good enough to share it. Doing so will allow you to be yourself and also become more talkative during a date.
Topic #3 Traveling Stories
Traveling stories are great for dates because it is an adventure packed with excitement and uncertainty.
It is very easy to lead to travel stories. You just need to say, “I feel like having a small escape again. I miss Japan”. You can then start sharing your traveling stories to Japan or any other places you have been to previously.
Tell her what are the fun, bizarre, out of ordinary things you have encountered during the trip.
For example, as in Japan, they have vending machines for everything you can imagine, not just the usual snacks and drinks. You buy sushi, surgical masks, canned food, sake, underwear, and even lobsters from these vending machines. That’s crazy.
Besides that, you can also share some culture shocks that you experience while traveling.
For example, in Japan, sleeping on the job is widely accepted as a sign of commitment. It’s totally acceptable, and the practice is called inemuri. You can see people sleeping in the class, office, and at the train stations. And do you know that tipping can be considered rude and insulting in Japan? So, when you go to Japan, a good rule of thumb is not to do it.
If you travel a lot, you will have a lot of stories to share.
It is not necessary you must travel overseas. You can also talk about the place where you were born, grew up, or any city you have been to.
After you share something, be sure to discuss it with her for a while. And then, let her tell you about her traveling stories and more about herself.
Topic #4: What You Have Been Learning
If you do not travel a lot, you can still share exciting stories by reading and learning something new.
Tell her what you are learning lately.
Are you learning how to play guitar, how to cook, or how to meditate?
Or, are you reading any interesting books lately? For example, how to be more confident, change a habit, stop procrastination, etc. Share with her some insights that you find interesting in your learning process.
Again, the keyword here is interesting.
You can also ask her what is her passion and what she has learned in the past? Does she know music, drawing, dancing, or any other thing?
If you are interested in what she knows, you can ask her questions and quickly expand the conversation. She will be excited to answer you because that is her passion.
Topic #5: Zodiac Sign and Personality
This is my favorite topic. I have used this many times, and girls like the topic.
If you are good at this topic, you can talk with the girl you like for hours without any problem.
Nowadays, you can learn about zodiac signs easily online.
If you want, you can spend some time learning the unique characteristics of each zodiac sign and then guess her zodiac sign during the date. Otherwise, you can also find out her zodiac sign via her social accounts like Facebook and then learn more about her zodiac sign before the date.
During the date, you can start the conversation by saying, “From the way you speak, I think you are a libra.”
If you guess it right, she will be shocked and ask you, “How do you know?”. And, you just need to tell her the characteristics of a Libra.
On the other hand, if you guess it wrong, it does not matter also. Just tell her that “it is weird because you have the characteristics of a Libra.” She will ask you, “What are the characteristics?” and you can tell her about it.
As you can see, either way, she will want to know what characteristics she has. She wants to know what kind of person she is, in your opinion.
Then, you can tell her she has the characteristics of Libra. For example, “Libras are known for being gracious and elegant. They strive to find balance and harmony in life which I think matches you a lot.” You can give her indirect praise to flirt with her.
You might need to make up some reason to justify the statement above. For example, you can say she has a work-life-balance lifestyle. Or, she cares about others, but she also knows how to take care of herself.
You can also ask her to guess your zodiac sign. Give her 3 chances and tell her that you will buy her ice cream later if she can guess it right. Make it like a mini-game and have some fun together.
After that, you can start throwing questions regarding personalities.
- What kind of person do you think you are among your friends and family?
- What kind of person do you wish to become? Why?
- If I can help you to take away 1 weakness of yours, what would it be?
- Are you a spontaneous person or a planner? If I ask you to go to Hawaii with me tomorrow, will you do it?
- Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert? Why?
- Have you done any personality tests before? What does it say about you?
- Are you a dreamer, or do you only like to consider practical stuff?
Girls like personality topics because it is creative, and it helps them to explore who they are.
This is why if you know how to open up a personality topic, you will never have any problem talking to a girl again.
47 Conversation Starters
1) If you have a free ticket to go wherever you want, where would you go?
2) Do you have any hidden talents which I didn’t know yet?
3) What is your passion?
4) If you can change your job into anything you want, what would it be?
5) If you do not need to work for money anymore, what would you do every day?
6) Who did you admire the most when you were a kid?
7) How would your perfect day look like?
8) What are the 3 things you want to accomplish before you hit 40?
9) What is your favorite cuisine?
10) What are your favorite sports?
11) What is your favorite movie genre?
12) What kind of books do you read?
13) Are you a cat person or a dog person?
14) What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
15) Which part of your past you wish you can go back again?
16) If I can cast magic and grant you a wish, what would be your wish?
17) What are you most afraid of?
18) If you can pick up a skill instantly today, what would it be?
19) If you can travel back to the past and change a thing, what would it be?
20) What is your favorite quote or saying? Why?
21) What is the most awkward moment you have encountered before?
22) What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
23) What do you like to do in your free time?
24) What is your favorite book? Why?
25) Where have you traveled before?
26) Among your friends and family, what are you best known for?
27) What is the best thing that has happened to you this year?
28) If you can live in any city you want in the world, where would you choose?
29) If I can answer anything you want to know, what would be your question?
30) What were some of the turning points in your life?
31) If you have the power to change 1 thing in your life, what would it be?
32) What habit do you wish you could start?
33) What is the most important life lessons you have learned?
34) What is the most inspiring stories you heard before?
35) If you cannot access the internet for 3 days, how do you want to spend your time?
36) What kind of person are you looking for?
37) What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
38) If I can accompany you to do anything you want, what would it be?
39) If you have 1 million dollars in your bank account now, what is the first thing you would buy?
40) If you can give advice to your 10-year-old self, what would it be?
41) What are the things about yourself that you are proud of?
42) If you could stop time, what would you do?
43) If you knew today was your last day, how will you spend it?
44) What is the most important life event that makes you who you are today?
45) If you can become anything you want besides humans, what would you become?
46) If you can ask me anything about me and I will only tell you the truth, what would be your question?
47) What is the craziest thing you have ever done in your life?
The Bottom Line
With all the conversation topics and examples above, you should have no problem opening a conversation again. However, I want to remind you that if you want the conversation to be more attractive, you need to pay attention to your tonality, facial expression, and how you deliver the stories. Remember, sometimes how you say it is more important than what you say.
Guys, I wish you all the best on your first date with the girl you like and have an enjoyable conversation with her.
If you like my work, please hit the subscribe button. I appreciate your support, as always.
And, if you like social skills stuff, feel free to check out the free gift on my site.